Gadyach Jewish community
The earliest known Jewish community was 19th century. 1926 Jewish population was 1764. Effected Jewish Community: 1905 pogroms, 1919 Denikensky and Petlurovsky pogroms, and Jan. 9, 1942. Noteworthy Jews living in town were Rabbi Zalman Shneerson (died in 1813) and Rabbi Ganzburg, a 1942Holocaust victim. The Jewish cemetery was established in 1810. Tzadakkim and other noteworthy Jews buried in the cemetery are Rabbi Zalman Shneerson, Rabbi Fridman and Chairman of the Jewish Community, Hudominsky Roman Solomonovich.
The last known Hasidic (Habbad) Jewish burial was 1995. Jewish Community that used this cemetery was Hittza (5km away) and Belenchenkovka (5km away) used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated, suburban, agricultural hillside by water has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. No wall, fence, or gate surrounds site. 101 to 500 stones, most in original location with less than 25% toppled or broken date from 1813 to the 20th century. The cemetery has special sections for men and women. Some tombstones have traces of painting on their surfaces, iron decorations or lettering, portraits on stones and/or metal fences around graves. The cemetery contains marked mass graves. The municipality owns the property used for Jewish cemetery only. Adjacent properties are residential and forest. The cemetery boundaries is larger now than 1939. The cemetery is visited frequently by organized Jewish group tours or pilgrimage groups, private visitors and local residents. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II. Local/municipal authorities and Jewish individuals within country cleaned stones and cleared vegetation. Now, individuals occasionally clean or clear site. Within the limits of the cemetery is an ohel. Moderate threat: uncontrolled access, weather erosion, pollution, vegetation and vandalism. Slight threat: existing nearby development.